|Having a boat Sea trial for the first time should be an essential part of the process to buy a Boat and is the most practical test you can perform on your new boat. Buying a boat is very emotional and when the human act on emotions can forget the things that really matter.|
When testing a new boat, always try:
- Create a real-life atmosphere on the boat, as close as possible to a typical day.
- Ensure to set targets for performance (RPM, speed, trim, roll, etc.)
- Play the different roles on board (driver, passenger, helper). Get the feeling!!!
- Try to replicate the future use (Sports, fishing, cursing, etc.)
- Bring the boat to max speed (30 Knots if possible), perform a hard turn, and test conditions in rough waters.
- At calm waters, center the wheel and note how well the boat keeps its straight line.
- Heading into and away from the sun, compare glare and reflections.
A test ride is not just a pleasure cruise, it is your best chance to see how the vessel responds, accommodates passengers, and fit to your needs as a potential owner.
Spend the time wisely and get the feeling as if you own the boat already.
24 Marine Smart Surveyors are available to assist you on get a full assessment of the boat you are planning to buy.