We have been performing conditions surveys onboard vessels, for many years now.
One of our main objectives is not to affect vessels-cargo operations during inspections. For this reason is very important to plan, here few details to consider for a Successful condition survey while in port.
– Full contact with the superintendent at least a week before.
– Coordination with Master, (to prepare documents, spaces to inspect, etc) and post-survey comms.
– Early coordination with local Agent, to understand vessel plans (port call, anchorage time, others)
– Once onboard have a pre-meeting with chiefs from all departments and Master.
– Need to understand the vessel plans and priorities, adjust vessel inspection based on that.